bring,take,carry,fetch 辨析

bring,take,carry,fetch 辨析

这四个词都是动词,都含有“带”或“拿”的意思,但使用场合各不相同。

Bring作“带来”、“拿来”解; take是bring的对语,作“带去”、“拿去”解。例:

Next year you may bring your family over from England.
明年你可以把你的家属从英国带来。

Why don\’t you bring your girl friend to the party?
你为什么不把你的女友带来参加宴会?

Next time don\’t forget to brig me a copy of your work.
下次不要忘了把一份您的作品带给我。

Please take these books to the library for me.
请把这些书替我带到图书馆去。

Take the box away,please.
请把盒子拿走。

Carry表示“运载”、“携带”之意,运送的方式很多,可以用车、船,也可以用手甚至用头;fetch则表示“去拿来”(go and bring)的意思。例:

They are carrying some paintings to the art gallery.
他们正在把一些画带到艺术馆去。

This bus is licensed to carry 100 passengers.
这辆巴士规定乘载一百人。

Please fetch me the documents in that room.
请到那间房间去把那些文件拿来给我。

Please wait a minute.He\’s just gone out to fetch some water.
请等一会儿。他刚出去打水。

现将bring,take和fetch用在一个句中,以便区别:

Take that box and bring it with you,or if it is too heavy for you tocarry it,I\’ll send Joe to fetch it.

请注意,bring之后可以接不定式和动名词,如:

You will never bring me to admit it.或 You will never bring me to admitting it.

在这种场合下,英美人用不定式的居多。bring在这两句中表示 cause someone to do something之意(使某人做某事)。

© 版权声明
THE END
喜欢就支持一下吧
点赞1711 分享
评论 抢沙发

请登录后发表评论

    暂无评论内容